A woman’s complexion can affect how she is feeling about herself, and can impact her overall attitude about her health.
Treatments for Cancer can affect your skin and leave it dry, dull, flaky and more sensitive to sun, wind, topical products and other elements. Your skin color can be abnormal or lackluster and is impacted by anemia, drug treatments, and the overall loss of vitality.
Chemotherapy patients find their skin dry, more fragile, and sensitive. Their nails can become brittle and discolored.
Your skin is the most visible organ system to suffer from cancer treatments, and early intervention is key to preventing side effects from worsening. Monitor your skin closely and bring any changes to the attention of your healthcare team.
As the body’s largest organ, it isn’t surprising that your skin is highly vulnerable to damage from chemotherapy and radiation therapy. These cancer treatments can lead to acne, redness and rashes of the skin, itching, peeling and terrible dryness.
Patients need to use extreme care when selecting products due to the increased risk of infection and photosensitivity caused by radiation and chemotherapy drugs. The first approach to take is to “do no harm”!
At a time when your immune system is compromised, it’s important to consider the major vulnerabilities to infection.
Dr. Cheryl Lee Eberting counsels patients to avoid the following:
- All known hormone disruptors, including soy-based products
- No photosensitizing products such as tretinoin, retinol, alpha-hydroxy acids (I.e. Glycolic acid) and many plant based products
- Avoid supplements, oils or topicals that have immune ‘boosters’ such as echinacea or others that claim to stimulate the immune system
When selecting topical skincare products for patients undergoing cancer treatment, review the ingredients and make sure it meets the following requirements:
TrueLipids products are ‘good and safe’ for cancer patients needing to address the following conditions:
- Dry, Peeling and Itching from Radiation needs skin hydration. TrueLipids Ointment contains the most scientifically balanced combination of skin barrier lipids that have been shown to prevent water loss and to restore the natural softness to the skin. It also contains a natural anti-inflammatory molecule from licorice root that has been shown to repair damaged DNA after sun exposure, to be naturally antibacterial and to calm and soothe inflammation. This is the perfect product when you want ultra-deep moisturization.
- For Redness, Blemishes, Pore Size Reduction, I recommend a combination of the TrueCider Serum followed by TrueLipids Lotion twice a day. You will see your smooth, youthful skin restored.
If you are searching for the perfect combination of non-toxic, hypoallergenic, age-fighting and skin barrier restoring technology, you've found it in TrueLipids.