Compounding with TrueLipids
Cheryl Lee MD® Sensitive Skin Care is proud to announce our partnership with the International Academy of Compounding Pharmacists. Our products are engineered for optimal skin barrier repair, lipid delivery, skin pH optimization, and for helping to calm and soothe inflammation. With Truly Hypoallergenic, Truly Non-toxic, and Truly Therapeutic bases, you can compound countless medications for normal and very sensitive skin types.
Why Compound with TrueLipids?
- Our patent-pending TrueLipids® blend of essential skin lipids replaces lipids that have been found to be deficient in dry, aged, and eczema-prone skin.
- Lipid Release™ Technology optimizes lipid delivery for an even distribution and long-lasting delivery of lipids to the skin.
- pH Protect™ helps to optimize the pH for lipid production and to encourage the growth of good bacteria while discouraging the growth of bad bacteria.
- Natural anti-inflammatory molecules, Niacinamide and 18-B Glycyrrhetinic acid help to calm and soothe inflammation.
- Our products are formulated with no carcinogens, no mutagens, no teratogens, no reproductive hormone disrupters and no persisting environmental toxins. Our formulations are truly hypoallergenic and are formulated with NO common allergens.
Case Study One
Allergic Contact Dermatitis to Betadine®
Clobetasol .05% in TrueLipids® preservative-free ointment BID x 11 days. This rash was controlled without the use of oral or IM glucocorticoids in this nursing mother. The patient was able to continue nursing during treatment.View Details
Case Study Two
Chronic irritant and allergic contact dermatitis due to exposure to solvents in work as a mechanic. Minimal improvement with prescription steroids that contain propylene glycol. Clobetasol 0.05% was compounded in TrueLipids® Relieve & Protect Ointment. Twice a day use for 10 days resulted in tremendous improvement.View Details
Case Study Three
Perioral (Occular) Dermatitis
TrueLipids® Hydrate, Correct & Perfect lotion was successfully compounded with 2% erythromycin. The patient used the product 2x/day for approximately four weeks.View Details
Case Study Four
Allergic - Irritant Dermatitis
A cracked fissure that had been present for 10 years finally improved with the above compound. This ointment has no propylene glycol, no urea, no Lanolin*, and no preservatives. The only ointment in the world with patent-pending essential skin lipid replacement and the natural, anti-inflammatory molecule, 18-B glycyrrhetinic acid from licorice root.View Details
For Hands, Feet, & Body: A deeply penetrating and highly moisturizing hypoallergenic ointment base for compounding topical steroid formulations, salicylic acid and many other medications that require a soothing, hypoallergenic ointment base.
At this time, our Ointment has been successfully compounded with the following medications:
- Salicylic acid
Clobetasol .05% in TrueLipids® Ointment
For Face & Body: A very moisturizing lotion base with the TrueLipids® essential skin lipid blend and Lipid Release technology for even, long-lasting lipid delivery. Compatible with topical steroid formulations when a barrier repair maximizing base is desired. Acne, rosacea and melasma formulations help to soothe redness, flushing and irregular pigmentation. This product has also been well tolerated for intravaginal applications.
At this time, our Lotion has been successfully compounded with the following medications:
For Body: A luxuriously thick, deeply moisturizing cream base designed to be the most hypoallergenic, non-toxic AND therapeutic moisturizing cream base in the world. Ideal for topical steroid formulations, hormone replacement, anti-aging and much more. This product has even been successfully compounded for intravaginal use. Many patients have given feedback that this is the most soothing base they have ever used!
At this time, our Cream has been successfully compounded with the following medications:
Our products have also been compounded with Clindamycin, Erythromycin, Metronidazole, Ivermectin, Tretinoin, benzoyl peroxide, tretinoin, hydroquinone, hydrocortisone, triamcinolone, fluocinonide, betamethasone, clobetasol, urea, salicylic acid, TCA, podophylin, gabapentin, ketamine, idocaine and more.
Preservative Challenge Testing: All formulations have passed USP or CTFA preservative challenge testing.
Repeat Insult Patch Testing (RIPT): We don't just say our products are for sensitive skin, we prove it! A third party laboratory has patch tested our products on 200 people and found ZERO allergic reactions and ZERO irritant reactions.
Stability: All formulations have successfully met both accelerated and room temperature stability standards. Our products have a 2 year shelf life at this time.
Compatibility: TrueLipids® TrueTherapy™ Ceramide + Cream has undergone accelerated compatibility and quantitative analysis studies with 1% hydrocortisone acetate as is found in the TrueLipids® Eczema Experts 1% Hydrocortisone Barrier Cream. The pH of the system remains very close to 5.0 in a 3-month accelerated study. This meets standards for a two year shelf life. We have no reason to believe that other glucocorticoids would be incompatible with this or the other TrueLipids® formulations.
More Features of our Patented Formulation
All TrueLipids® products contain the TrueLipids® blend & 18-B-glycyrrhetinic Acid:
- Ceramide 3
- C10-C30 cholesterol/lanosterol esters
- Very Long Chain Fatty Acids
- Benefits of 18-B-glycyrrhetinic Acid:
- Anti-inflammatory: inhibits the enzymes which metabolize the body’s own glucocorticoids in the skin. This could mean that when used to compound a topical steroid with this product, the steroid molecule may last longer on the skin or may be more potent and therefore require less-potent topical steroids. We have not conducted research to specifically prove this, but this is the known mechanism of 18-B glycyrrhetinic acid.
- Skin-Brightening/Lightening: One of the most effective natural skin-brightening molecules on the planet.
- Atopic Dermatitis: Shown to be very effective in treating atopic dermatitis/eczema when in combination with other botanicals.
- Acne: Shown to decrease oil production in acne prone skin.
- UV: Has been shown to inhibit forms of UV-induced skin damage (Not a sunscreen).
Lotion, Ceramide Cream, Hydrocortisone features
pH Protect™: A pH modulating technology that holds the pH of these formulations between 4.6 and 5.6; the ideal pH for intrinsic lipid production and for balancing the skin’s microenvironment.
- Shown to improve eczema
- Shown to have benefits in cutaneous lupus
- Shown to help in decreasing trans-epidermal water loss
- Shown to be generally anti-inflammatory and beneficial in anti-aging regimens
- Decreases water loss from the skin
- Shown to prevent some forms of UV-induced skin damage (Not a sunscreen)
- Chelates heavy metals
Recommended Compounds - Sample Prescription Pad
If you have questions regarding potential compatibility issues, please contact our Compounding Specialist.
To order, please set up a Wholesale Account:
BETADINE® is a registered trademark of The Purdue Frederick Company.