If you have very sensitive or allergy-prone skin, then you have discovered that your anti-aging facial care options are limited. TrueLipids® Hydrate, Correct & Perfect Lotion is the perfect anti-aging moisturizer for sensitive and allergy prone skin. Because this formulation is truly hypoallergenic and truly non-toxic, all skin types can enjoy it without the side effects commonly seen with other products. It is also the ideal moisturizer for fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes and around the mouth since those areas are typically more sensitive to allergens found in many products. For the best results, use TrueLipids® lotion morning and night.
Why use TrueLipids®
- Ceramide 3– Ceramides like Ceramide 3 have been shown to inhibit the matrix metalloproteinase enzymes in the skin that break down collagen and elastin and contribute to aging and wrinkling after sun exposure. This molecule has also been found to be deficient in aged skin and is known to contribute to a young, healthy skin barrier.
- Niacinamide – This molecule has been shown to improve fine lines and wrinkles and to be very soothing to sensitive skin. It also has an antioxidant capacity, stimulates more ceramide production (which then may prevent collagen/elastin breakdown as above), stimulates keratinocytes to differentiate and increases the thickness of the epidermis like tretinoin does (through a different mechanism). In addition, niacinamide has been shown to be very effective in controlling the redness of rosacea, helping to decrease oil production in acne-prone skin, and helping with atopic dermatitis, eczema, radiation dermatitis and cutaneous lupus.
- 18-B-glycyrrhetinic acid – Arguably the most effective non-hydroquinone skin lightening and skin brightening active. It has great anti-inflammatory properties and has been shown to be extremely effective in decreasing pigmentation and hyperpigmentation. Though not a sunscreen, this molecule has been shown to inhibit some of the forms of DNA damage caused by UV radiation. This may be why it is so effective in helping to lighten melasma, age spots, and pigmentation.
- Gluconolactone – A wrinkle-fighting, free-radical scavenger with anti-oxidant properties. Gluconolactone is a polyhydroxy acid that does NOT cause sunburn cells (space) (mutated skin cells after sun exposure) like alpha-hydroxy acids do. Though not considered a sunscreen, gluconolactone has also been shown to prevent/contribute to the repair of some forms of DNA damage caused by ultraviolet radiation (UV, sunlight) exposure. Because it effectively inhibits water loss from the skin, it contributes greatly to a very effective moisturizing system.
- Cholesterol Esters and Phytosphingosine – These two lipids are a very important part of a youthful, healthy skin barrier (comma) and they have been shown to be deficient in aged and dry skin. By supplementing these lipids to the skin, a youthful, healthy skin barrier can form.
For more information, please visit the Fine Lines & Wrinkles Library.