Cracked feet, also known as heel fissures are a common problem for people of all ages, mostly caused by lack of moisture. There are several factors that cause this epidemic such as: soaps that dry out your skin, plain old drying of the skin—which is made worse if you don’t wear socks on cement or hard wood floors, cold weather, too much exposure to the sun and the unavoidable element of aging. Other causes include, standing for long hours, continuous exposure to water, being overweight, and wearing improper footwear. Conditions like eczema, psoriasis, thyroid disease and diabetes can also contribute to this problem. Cracked feet look unattractive and in some cases can lead to infection and extreme pain.
How to Maximize the treatment of your Cracked Feet with TrueLipids
- Apply a very thick layer of TrueLipids Relieve & Protect Ointment.
- Apply a small piece of plastic wrap over the cracks.
- Go to bed!
- After 3-4 nights of treatment, use a pumice stone in your morning shower to clean up any dead skin. Depending on how deep your cracks are, it may take up to 10 nights to remove even the most difficult cracks.
- Use TrueLipids TrueTherapy Ceramide + Cream as a professional on-going moisturizer to prevent further cracking.
- If you have diabetes, use TrueLipids Boo Boo & Bum Balm on your feet every night to keep your feet healthy.
Unlike other cracked heels & hands treatments, our products do not contain Urea or Salicylic Acid...or countless other Toxic Ingredients.
Why shouldn't I use Salicylic Acid to treat my cracked hands or heels?Salicylic acid is absorbed through the skin and excreted through the kidneys. When it is applied to large surface areas and left on for a long time, your skin will absorb a lot of it. If you have diabetes, or any sort of kidney dysfunction, salicylic acid levels can build up and become toxic to the heart and other organs.
I learned first hand how even the smallest amount of salicylic acid can become toxic to people with compromised kidney function. I had a patient who was using topical salicylic acid to treat a small wart on his foot. He has mild kidney disease and noticed ringing in his ears (this is the earliest sign of salicylic acid toxicity) about six hours after he applied the salicylic acid to his wart. I instructed him to quickly rinse off the salicylic acid. The ringing went away and he was just fine.
If the levels of salicylic acid had continued to rise, his heart could have been affected.
Why shouldn't I use Urea to treat my cracked hands and heels?
Urea creams are very popular and effective for treating cracked hands, heels and thickened skin. The urea softens the skin and makes it easy to pumice away if desired.
Unfortunately, when urea is manufactured, a very carcinogenic by-product called 1,4-Dioxane is formed. When you apply urea to your skin and leave it on for long periods, the 1,4-Dioxane is very easily absorbed.
Urea is a waste product made by our bodies. When applied to the skin, urea is absorbed very rapidly. High concentrations in the body are damaging and can be especially detrimental to people who are prone to gout, who have diabetes or who have kidney disease. High urea levels have also been associated with autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis.
Urea is toxic to our waterways and contributes to algal blooms when it enters the environment