CherylLeeMD uses only the most effective, skin-soothing and proven ingredients for our products. Every ingredient is scientifically backed has passed our rigorous analysis for toxicity and allergenicity. Safe for all skin types and all ages.
- Shown to thicken the epidermis without the irritation of a retinoid.
- Has post-UV DNA-reparative benefits.
- Shown to be effective in treating acne, eczema, rosacea, radiation dermatitis, and aging skin.
- Shown to up-regulate fillagrin production; fillagrin is a very important skin protein that helps the skin to hold on to water and to stay hydrated.
- Shown to up-regulate ceramide production; important skin lipids that are needed to keep the skin barrier healthy AND which have been shown to prevent UV-induced overproduction of the matrix metalloproteinase(MMP) enzymes that destroy collagen and elastin.
18-β Glycyrrhetinic Acid
- The strongest licorice root-derived anti-inflammatory molecule.
- Has been shown to inhibit the metabolism of the enzymes in the body that break down our own anti-inflammatory cortisol.
- Shown to have unique DNA-reparative capabilities.
- Shown to have significant anti-oxidant effects.
- Shown to be one of the most effective plant-based, non-hydroquinone skin brighteners in the world.
- Shown to have anti-staphylococcal, and anti-candidal, and anti-pityrosporum effects.
- A polyhydroxy acid that has been shown to help moisturize the skin and to decrease the loss of water from the skin.
- Does not cause "sun-burn cells" after sun exposure like alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) do.
- A powerful anti-oxidant molecule.
- A heavy metal chelating agent.
- A very effective, non-irritating pH adjuster.
- A phytosphingosine-containing ceramide. Ceramides are needed to maintain the skin barrier integrity and contribute the acid mantle of the skin to protect from water loss, infection and irritation.
- Ceramides have also been shown to down-regulate MMP production after sun exposure. MMPs are inflammatory molecules that digest collagen and elastin after sun exposure.
- Phytosphingosine-containing ceramides have been shown to be deficient in aging, dry, and eczema-prone skin.
- An important lipid used by the skin to make ceramides. Also shown to have anti-staphylococcal and anti-candidal effects.
C10-C30 Cholesterol Esters
- Fatty acids that are esterified, or joined, to a cholesterol molecule.
- A very important lipid in the skin barrier; the fatty acids on the cholesterol esters are likely used by the skin to make more ceramides (Dr. Eberting's opinion).
- Found to be deficient relative to cholesterol in aged and atopic eczema-prone skin.
Very Long Chain Fatty Acids (VLCFs)
- VLCFs have been shown to be particularly deficient from atopic eczema-prone skin.
- Melissic (26 carbons), Montanic (28 carbons), and Cerotic (30 carbons) acids have been found to be particularly deficient from active atopic eczema-affected skin.
- Candelilla wax is a very hypoallergenic source of some of these VLCFs.